The first step is to contact your itsLettings office who will register your details and discuss your search requirements.
- Think about your desired property type and location. It might be useful to refer to our “Local know how” guide if you are unsure on location, or discuss it with us and we would be glad to help you refine your search.
- Consider your “must have” criteria – what won’t you compromise on?
- Budget – how much would you be prepared to pay for the right property?
- Length of tenancy – how long are you planning on living in Derby?
- When do you want to move? We recommend beginning your search around 6-8 weeks prior to your ideal move date.
View a selection of properties from our extensive portfolio
- Your Negotiator will show you the best properties available in line with your requirements.
- The Derby property market moves very quickly. If you find the perfect property, one that suits the majority of your requirements, you may wish to place an offer on the same day – be prepared, it may be the first one you see!
Placing an offer upon finding a suitable property, complete an offer form with your negotiator, ensuring all your requirements are clearly stated. The administration fee of £245.00 is payable at this stage. This amount is fully refundable or transferable should your offer not be accepted.
- Reference checks will be made at this stage – please ensure you can provide bank details and the contact details of your previous landlord, along with those of your employer.
- Upon acceptance of your offer, you will complete the Tenancy Agreement and other necessary documentation which should be read through thoroughly. itsLettings will be pleased to help should you have any questions.
- You will also be issued with a statement of account for your initial payment.
This will include:
a) Rent for the first month.
b) Deposit – equivalent to £500.00 or one month’s rent.
c) Checking the inventory at the commencement of the tenancy.
- Future payments for monthly rent are taken by standing order in advance so please have your bank account details available to complete the form. Please note the signature must be an original as faxed copies are not accepted by the banks.
Provided that all payments, documents and references are in order, your keys will be available for collection on the start date of the tenancy, usually from the office or via an appointment with an inventory clerk. itsLettings will ensure that this is organised at a convenient time. We Do NOT have Check-in or Check-out fees
We will need to inform your utility providers that you have moved into the property and ensure that all accounts are transferred into your name as quickly as possible.
A copy of the inventory check-in report will be sent to you (usually by email) shortly after move-in. should you have any comments or questions, they should be raised as soon as possible after receipt.
What if I need help during my tenancy?
- Your property is managed by itsLettings please feel free to contact us at any time to discuss any questions or problems you may have.
- If your property is managed by the landlord, you should contact them directly for any maintenance issues. For any questions regarding tenancy agreements, break clauses, payments or renewals, please contact our Tenancy Management Department (see below for contact telephone numbers) and they will provide you with all the necessary contact numbers upon moving in.
- If you are still unsure, itsLettings will be happy to provide further advice.